Monday, December 12, 2011

Shigenori Soejima Art Works 2004-2010



First off allow me to start by saying I am a huge fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series in particularly Persona ever since I first played the PSP remake in 2010.  So upon seeing this available for pre-order on rightstuf.com a few months ago I would be a fool to have not purchased it.

Upon receiving my copy I immediately opened it to find it about the size I expected but with far more content than I could have dreamed of for example the book contains art for Persona 3, Persona 3 Festival (FES), P3P and Persona 4 as I had expected being it was all I was aware he had done.  But to my surprise it also included art for Stella Deus and some other minor works plus to top it all off there is a full transcript of an interview with Soejima where he is quoted saying “This illustration represents the most faithful reproduction of the Aigis that I had originally imagined” which refers to the full version of the cover art of the book.

Over all this book is fantastic I love art and the SMT series and would suggest this to any fan of any of the 4 games in this book but, be warned this book is pricey as most art books are but it’s always good to remember buyer’s remorse is a horrible thing please consider your purchase before buying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment